The TimeTracker users can enter their time using the Manual Entry lightning component to the page layout of an object.
Note: Object sample is taken as Project here, and the time can be recorded for any objects as per the orgs requirement.
Adding the Manual Entry lightning component to the page layout
- From the view page of a project click the Setup button and select Edit Page
- Search for Tabs in the components search box, and drag and drop the tab to the right-hand side of the screen as in the screenshot (marked in red)
- You see two tabs as Related and Details. Remove the Related tab by clicking the X button, and click the Details button. Select custom from the list and name the "Custom Label" as Manual Entry or any other name as required and click the Done button.
- The lightning component is now saved,
- Now search for "Manual Entry" in the search screen and drag and drop it into the tab that you added earlier and save it
Now, activate the Manual Entry lightning component,
- Click the Activation button that is next to the Save button, and click "App, Record Type, and Profile"
- Click the "App Record type and Profile" tab in the pop-up, and then click the "Assign to Apps, Record types, and Profiles",
- Select PK4 TimeTracker, then select Desktop and Phone, in the next screen,
- Select Master and select the profiles from the list to give access to the auto-tracking component to the users and click the next button,
- You see the list of profiles that you have selected, cross-check the profiles list, and click the Save button,
- Now the Manual Entry component is added to the selected profiles,
You see the Manual Entry Lighting component when you go to the Project view page. You can enter time by selecting the project, Start Date, Hours worked, etc., and click the Submit button to save it.
The details entered in the manual entry screen are saved and the hours worked are shown in Salesforce under the TT Details tab
Note: Salesforce does not allow you to track time for Activities and Tasks. So you cannot add the Lighting component to Salesforce Activities and Tasks.
Also, please do not add the same lighting component on the Tab and in the Utility bar. If the same lighting component is added in both places there will be conflicts. And the time will not be tracked correctly.