A Salesforce user who is also a TimeTracker user can enter the time details using the summary page in Salesforce. It is not necessary to install the TimeTracker app on the device to track time if you are a TimeTracker and also a Salesforce user.
The Salesforce user must be linked with their TT User ID in Salesforce to access the summary page, click here to know more about linking the Salesforce User with TT user.
There are 2 sub-tabs on the Summary page,
- Summary view and Multiline Time entry
- Time details
- The summary view screen shows all the time entries made by the logged-in Salesforce user,
- The screen also shows the total hours worked by the logged-in Salesforce user for the current day
- If you have worked on the same Project multiple times on the same day, the summary screen merges all the time entries linked to the same Project and Task and shows one entry with total hours
- By default, the summary view screen shows the time entries made by the logged-in Salesforce user for the current day
- Click the calendar icon, at the end of the summary view screen to see the time entries of another day.
Multiline Time Entry
- The multiline Time Entry screen is used to enter the time details for the Projects which you are currently working on or for the Projects which you have worked on the current day
- You can Check-In to the current Job/Project by selecting the Project, Task, and Start Time. Once you finish the task, add the end time or directly add the hours worked in the multiline Time Entry screen and click the submit button, to save the data
- You can enter up to five entries (check-ins) at a time, that you have worked on the current day using the Multiline Time Entry screen
- If there are more than five entries, submit the first five records and again enter the remaining time details again in the Multiline Time Entry screen.
- You see all the time entries made by you for the current day in the Time details screen
- The Time details screen shows the Project, Task, Start Time, End Time and the hours worked on the project
- By default, the time details tab shows the entries made by you for the current day. To view the time entries of any other day, change the date in the Time details screen using the calendar icon.
Note: The Multiline Time Entry allows you to enter the time details for the projects that you worked on
The Summary view shows the total number of hours that you worked in a day, the summary screen shows the Earliest Start Time and the Latest End Time
The Time Details tab shows the details of the Time entries that you made in the Multiline Time Entry screen,
You can check the time details and if you have missed any, you can add the missing time details and save them from the Multiline Time Entry in the Summary Page.