In the V4S package, there are custom Tabs as "Volunteer Hours" and "Volunteer Shifts" and these tabs are available once you install the V4S Mobile application in your Org. As these Tabs already exist in Salesforce the app is not getting upgraded when you try to upgrade the V4S Mobile application from Salesforce app Exchange and see the error message as below
(GW_Volunteers__Volunteer_Shift__c) Unmanaged custom object tab already exists, package upgrade cannot create another tab"
(GW_Volunteers__Volunteer_Hours__c) Unmanaged custom object tab already exists, package upgrade cannot create another tab"
Please deleted the Tabs "Volunteer Hours" or "Volunteer Shifts" (Before deleting, please check the Tab name which is in the error message delete Volunteer Hours Tab if you see an error related to Volunteer Hours or delete Volunteer Shift-Tab if you see an error message related to Volunteer Shift).
Please delete the Tabs in the same Salesforce ID in which you are trying to upgrade the V4S Mobile application from SalesforceApp Exchange and then upgrade the V4S Mobile application.
Follow the instructions below for deleting the tabs
- Login to the Salesforce Administration ID (the same SF ID in which you tried to upgrade the V4S Mobile application)
- Click the Setup button
- From quick find box, search for "Tabs"
- Click Tabs String, you see the V4S Mobile related Tabs
- You see Volunteer Shifts or Volunteer Hours Tab in the list with "Delete" button
- Delete Volunteer Shifts or Volunteer Hours Tab (select the tab to delete as per the error message)
- Upgrade the V4S Mobile application once you have deleted the above said Tabs.
Note: The data available in the Volunteer Shifts or Volunteer Hours Tabs data will not be lost if you delete the above said Tabs as the same Tabs and the related is available once you upgrade the V4S Mobile application.