To add a Walk-In volunteer the V4S Kiosk application must be enabled with add volunteer button on the Jobs or Shift details screen.
Once the add new volunteer button is enabled,
There are 2 ways of adding the new volunteer to a Job or Shift directly
- By clicking the Add Volunteer icon which opens the add new volunteer pop up
- By searching for the volunteer name on the Job / Shift detail page, If the Search does not find any matching results, you will see a string that says "First-time volunteer? Click here"
Adding volunteer to a Job or Shift
Using the Add volunteer icon (which is on the top right-hand side of the screen)
- Go to Job/Shift details screen
- There is a green add volunteer icon at the top right-hand side of the V4S Kiosk application
- Click the add new volunteer button
- You see + and +++ buttons (tabs) on the add volunteer pop up screen
- Click + to add a single volunteer and click +++ button to add multiple volunteers at the same time for the same Job/Shift
- Add walk-in volunteer details and click the signup button to sign up the volunteer to the Job/Shift directly
- OR click the check-in button to check-in to the Job/Shift directly.
Using the Search for a volunteer field
- Click the Job/Shift tile on the to go to the Job/Shift details screen
- Click the Don't see your name, below? Click here! button
- Search for the walk-in volunteer's name
- If the walk-in volunteer's details show up in the search results, you can check him/her to the Job/Shift
- If the system does not find any results, you will see a line that says "First-time volunteer? Click here" string, Click on it
- You will now see a popup, where you can add the walk-in Volunteer's information
- Add volunteer details and click the signup or check-in button to signup or check-in to the Job/Shift
- Only the first time volunteer for whom the contact details do not exist in Salesforce in your org must be added as a new volunteer by using any of the options mentioned in this article.
- Volunteers who have already volunteered in your org can be searched from the search volunteer screen and signed up and checked-in for the Job or Shift.
- When the Volunteer or the Volunteer coordinator is adding the new volunteer to a Job/Shift, using the add volunteer pop up, please make sure that you save the contact information immediately.
- We suggest you save the contact details immediately because if you leave the device screen without saving the contact information, the device screen might get auto-locked and the contact information entered may not be saved
- If you are adding multiple volunteers and the data is lost, you must re-enter all the contact information again.