If you have a lot of people to add in as V4S Members, use the Salesforce CSV Upload mechanism to quickly add them all into the V4S members' table.
Here is what you need to do to upload new members to a specific Volunteer Job or Shift.
- Create a standard Contact Report from within Salesforce by selecting the exact criteria that you want to choose the attendees for the class/event from within your general list of Contacts.
- Make sure that the First Name, Last Name, and Contact ID fields are included in the report
- Run the report and export the data as an Excel CSV file.
- Open the CSV file in Excel. Add columns for Member ID, Member Name, Volunteer Job and Volunteer Shift.
- Member Name is a mandatory field. Concatenate the First and Last Name fields to create the Member Name field.
- If you know the specific Job (Course) that you want these members to attend, then enter the Record ID of the Volunteer Job in the Volunteer Job field. You can use the Volunteer Job Name as well. But if the Job Names are duplicate, then your upload results will be unclear. We suggest that you use the Record ID field for the Job. You can find the Record ID for the Volunteer Job by running any report on the Volunteer Job table.
- If you want to assign the members to a specific Shift (Class), then put in the Record ID for the Volunteer Shift into the Volunteer Shift column. You can use the Volunteer Shift Name as well. But if the Shift Names are duplicate, then your upload results will be unclear. We suggest that you use the Record ID field for the Shift. You can find the Record ID for the Volunteer Shift by running any report on the Volunteer Shift table.
- Now, save the file in CSV format.
- Next, select the V4S Members tab in Salesforce. Click on the Import button and follow the instructions to import data from the CSV file that you updated previously.
- Now all the members in the CSV file will be added to the appropriate Job / Shift that you selected in the CSV file.
Note: If you want the members to be added to the Job (Course), then leave the Volunteer Shift blank. This way, the members are automatically added to all the Shifts (Classes) for that specific Job.